10 Time-tested, Battle-Hardend Blog Traffic Techniques by Tim Jacquet
10 Time-tested, Battle-Hardend Blog Traffic Techniques by Tim Jacquet.
1. Blog Regularly – many of the top blogs post 10-20 times per day.
2. Create Authority Articles – instead of blogging frequently, post less often but focus on creating Authority Posts — lengthier articles that are really well put together which will attract attention from other bloggers & users of social bookmarking sites like Digg, reddit, etc.
3. Comment on Other Blogs – do not keyword spam in these, but rather use your own name and add value to the conversation.
4. Link Out Frequently to Industry Leaders – show some linklove to other bloggers in your niche. In turn, they might eventually link back if you have a quality post on a topic they have not covered yet.
5. Participate in Blog Carnivals – these are a way for bloggers within a niche to get together and periodically highlight posts from one another’s blogs. You can find an index of these at BlogCarnival.com.
6. Do Guest Posts – not just for A-List bloggers, but B-List and beyond. Be sure to work up some good material first, so as to make a good first impression.
7. Article Marketing – chances are, you’re reading this via a site that syndicated this article using an article marketing script of some sort. Join a site like ArticleMarketer.com and syndicate your articles to thousands of participating sites. If distributed via the web, these sites are required to link back to you via a byline (see below).
8. Social Digging/Mixxing – join sites like Digg, Mixx, Bumpzee, etc. and encourage your users and/or friends to submit your stories.
9. Social Bookmarking – join del.icio.us, Furl, Wink, Backflip, etc and submit your popular articles to these sites to seed them into the community.
10. Use Great Headlines – okay, which sounds better “Some Ways to Get Readers”, or “10 Time-tested, Battle-Hardend Blog Traffic Techniques”. Many readers are particularly fond of “Top X” lists, or “How To …” posts.