16 Dallas/Fort Worth Small Business Owners set to Graduate from SBA Executive Training
FORT WORTH, TX – Sixteen Dallas/Fort Worth small business owners will graduate from the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Emerging Leaders Initiative Thursday, October 30th during a ceremony at the Dallas City Hall, Flag Room, located at 1500 Marilla Street. The ceremony will begin at 2:30 p.m.
“I am proud to announce this year’s group of emerging leaders in the DFW District. SBA’s Emerging Leaders classes have proven through the years to enhance the small businesses in our community,” South Central Regional Administrator Yolanda Garcia Olivarez said. “When you support small businesses you support big ideas, strengthen families and build prosperous neighborhoods.”
This is the sixth year the Dallas/Fort Worth District has offered this executive-level training. Since 2008 the Emerging Leaders Initiative has helped over 1,000 promising small business owners in underserved communities across the country sustain and grow their businesses, providing training they use to succeed and create jobs.
The Emerging Leaders curriculum consists of business assessment, finance, marketing, sales and resources modules. In the fifth module, each participant develops a three-year Strategic Growth Action Plan, under the guidance of experts and mentors. The plan details how the business owner will move their businesses to the next level of growth. Despite the difficult economy, more than half of the businesses that have completed the Emerging Leaders training have shown an increase in revenue totaling more than $7 million. Nearly 60 percent have reported creating new jobs in their communities. Surveyed participants also reported having secured more than $7 million in new financing for their businesses, and an increase in confidence when applying for government contracts. As a result, program graduates have reported securing nearly 500 federal, state and local contracts, worth more than $112 million.
“Our graduates have had great success with the SBA Emerging Leaders Initiative, said Herbert Austin, SBA Dallas/Fort Worth district director. “These small business executives are serious about growing their business, creating jobs and giving back to their communities. We congratulate each of the graduates.”
The 2014 Dallas/Fort Worth Emerging Leaders Initiative graduates are:
- Keith Britton, President – Iconic Consulting Group, Inc.
- Dr. Lucette Beall, President – Aubrey Veterinary Medical Center
- David F. Shutler, President – Utility Systems Solutions, Inc.
- Pablo Trinidad, President – Picasso’s Web LLC
- Priya Pandit, President – Head & Neck Surgery Center
- Preet Kumar, President – City Systems, Inc.
- Quincy Roberts, President – Roberts Trucking
- Donny Mack, President – Mack Professionals
- Chantal Dauenhauer, President – NAE Enterprises, Inc.
- Clyfton Diseker, President – Dallas Media Production
- Sherilyn K. Smith Rudolph, President – Enigma LLC
- Miriam Marsh, President – M. Power & Associates, LLC
- Brian Bouldin, President – Primetime Petz
- Carol Murray, President – Wichita Falls/Burkburnett
- Rick Erling, President – Business Growth U.S.
- Somkhit Boutchantharaj, President – Boutchantharaj Corporation
The Dallas/Fort Worth Emerging Leaders Initiative effort is a collaborative one with area cosponsors and numerous other organizations.
This program is offered at no cost to the participants. For more information on the Emerging Leaders Initiative contact Billy Medina, program manager in Dallas/Fort Worth (817) 684-5517 or visit our website at www.sba.gov/
U.S. Small Business Administration