GSA Presentation: Texas HubExpo and Access 2014 in Irving, TX
GSA Present To Access 2014
Who We Are/ GSA Overview
– Green Purchasing Practices,
– Waste Diversion and Reduction,
– Construction Demolition Waste Management,
– Innovative Technologies in the Green Proving Ground
– Energy Utilities Reverse Auctions,
– Shrinking the Federal Footprint
Check out the slide: GSA Present to ACCESS 2014
GSA Green Purchasing
From Executive Order 13423:
The head of each agency shall require in agency acquisitions of goods and services:
Use of sustainable environmental practices, including acquisition of biobased, environmentally preferable, energy-efficient, water-efficient, and recycled content products
Use of paper of at least 30% postconsumer fiber content
Requires agencies to meet a number of energy, water, and waste reduction targets
- 30% reduction in vehicle fleet petroleum use by 2020;
- 26% improvement in water efficiency by 2020;
- 50% recycling and waste diversion by 2015;
- 95% of all applicable contracts will meet sustainability requirements;
- Implementation of the 2030 net-zero-energy building requirement;
- Implementation of the storm water provisions of the Energy
Independence and Security Act of 2007
- Develop a Strategic Sustainability Plan
Check out the slide: GSA Green Purchasing
The General Services Administration (GSA) has a history of pioneering electronic solutions for streamlining and enhancing the management of excess and surplus Federal assets. GSA continued the transformation of the Federal disposal process throughout the late 1990s with the introduction and subsequent refinement of the Federal Disposal System, a centralized electronic clearinghouse for reporting and transferring excess/surplus personal property within the Federal community and among eligible donees.
The GSA Auctions® website (www.gsaauctions.gov) has been developed to complete GSA’s transformation to an all-electronic asset management system. The site offers the general public the opportunity to bid electronically on a wide array of Federal assets. The auctions are completely web-enabled, allowing all registered participants to bid on a single item or multiple items (lots) within specified timeframes.
GSA Auctions® offers Federal personal property assets ranging from commonplace items (such as office equipment and furniture) to more select products like scientific equipment, heavy machinery, airplanes, vessels and vehicles. GSA Auctions® online capabilities allow GSA to offer assets located across the country to any interested buyer, regardless of location.
Participants may choose to browse items that are offered on this site or may choose to search for items and place bids. In order to place a bid(s), participants must register first. To register, please go to the GSA Auctions® homepage and click on register.
Check out slide: GSA Auctions