SCORE Workshop: What does it take to Sell your Business?
August 5th, 2pm to 4pm
Every business needs to have a succession plan and often times that plan is to sell the business. Come join your SCORE volunteers and other business cohorts as we discuss what it takes to sell a business.
In this two hour workshop we will cover the following topics:
• Reasons and decisions to be made when selling
• Do’s and Dont’s when selling
• Should you use a business broker
• How do you price your business
• Creating the letter of Intent
• Negotiating: You only get what you negotiate!
• Due Diligence – what it really means
• Dealing with Material Changes
• Closing the deal
Hosted by the Frisco Chamber of Commerce.
“You never get what you deserve, you only get what you negotiate”. This old saying never had more meaning than when selling your business. Listen to our experts talk about the selling process and protect yourself from becoming a victim
Speaker / SME- Paul Bennett
Paul Bennett – has served as a financial executive and business owner/CEO for over forty years. Mr. Bennett holds a B.B.A. in Accounting from Pace University and an M.B.A. in Finance from New York University and is a certified public accountant.. He has owned and operated several companies, has been a Financial Advisor and Consultant to middle market companies, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, SEC matters, and Strategic planning.